Three Things I’m Thankful For
Posted by Kristen on Sunday, July 31, 2011. Filed under: blessed, family, glorify God, life, thankfulnessA lovely friend had on her facebook that a book she is studying encourages the student each night three things that they are thankful for, and I thought that would be a nice way to end the day on a thankful note. So. I’m going to start doing so!
Three things I am thankful for tonight…
1. Being able to worship God freely with my family and to hear my husband up in the pulpit. It’s a blessing that I hope I will never take for granted.
2. A much-needed nap on a Sunday afternoon, which was helped along by some allergy/sinus medication… not so thankful for the allergy fit I’m going through but I am thankful for the beautiful earth that has caused it (ha!) and the medications out there to help alleviate some of it.
3. Being able to hug and hold the hand of a man whose wife is nearing Abraham’s bosom very soon now. What a special family his family is, and I have learned so much about the importance of family in just these last few days as I watch them all gather around their wife/mother/daughter/daughter-in-law/mother-in-law/friend/grandmother to surround her with love during these last precious moments. Life is short, make it sweet, make it pleasing to God, make your impression on those around you and make sure it’s a good one.
If I could add a 4th, I’d say I’m thankful for the pillow that’s about to receive my head!


No Responses to Three Things I’m Thankful For
Leave a Reply